Defender Capital Partners, “DCP”, is a U.S. long-short fund of funds established in 2013. Each manager is a bottom-up investor, who favors founder-led, global growth companies. With each fund manager focusing on their best ideas, we believe diversification is intelligently achieved.
Family Founded In 2002.
WHY WORK WITH DEFENDER CAPITAL?
- Defender Capital, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor, manages a hedge fund and investment accounts (trusts, retirement accounts, brokerage accounts, etc)
- We take a research-driven, long-term approach, investing in U.S. equities
- We keep skin in the game by investing in the same holdings as our clients
- We offer fair and transparent fees
- We focus on delivering after-tax returns
- U.S. core all cap equity adhering to a disciplined, research-driven investment process that results in low portfolio turnover and tax efficiency
- An in-depth understanding of the business and their philosophy on capital allocation – use of dividends, stock buybacks, acquisitions, debt service and internal investment
- The value of a business is determined by the present value of the cash it generates over its lifetime, not based on next quarter’s earnings, which allows long-term decisions with long-term capital
- Risk is defined at the company level, not the market level
- Time is spent researching individual companies and specialized outside managers
- We believe that while the price you pay for a great business is important, it is far more important to buy the “right” business